
Here is Liam and his Daddy. Sean looks tired... because he is! Because Liam was so small ( he left the hospital at 4lbs 10oz) the Dr. wanted us to wake him up every 2 hours to eat. This was not always easy because he wanted to sleep!! So for his first 3 weeks of life we would wake up, wake him up, feed him, burp him, change his diaper, put him back to sleep and approximately an hour later it would be time to wake him up again. Sean was (and continues to be I might add) sooooo helpful taking care of Liam. The first night we were home every time I needed to feed Liam I didn't wake Sean up. I felt bad for him, he had been working so hard, plus the stress of having a new baby, plus moving apartments plus more I wanted him to get a good nights sleep and didn't wake him up. I learned my lesson though. I hurt pretty bad from the surgery. I was just trying to be tough, but I did need his help. He also wasn't very happy I hadn't waken him up to help =) So from there on out Sean would get Liam for me and I would feed him. I would give him back to Sean who would burp him, change him, and put him back to sleep. It is a great system and I don't think I could have done it without him! Really.

Documenting his first bath at home. He fit perfectly in our bathroom sink. He does not like baths! I'm not sure if it is being cold, naked, exposed.... but every bath is quite the traumatic experience in our household!

We took him to the Dr. to get weighed on Tuesday, he was 6 days old. He was 4lbs 13.5oz. He is so small, and so cute.

My mom stayed with us from Thursday until the following Sunday. We are extremely grateful for her sacrifice to be there. She took care of all of us. She never stopped working, really ever, I don't know how she had the energy to do it ALL. Every day she would insist I took a nap. She would take Liam for me and I could sleep worry free. I don't know if I all ready mentioned it or not, but we moved apartments (still in Moscow) the weekend I was in the hospital. (crazy I know, that is a whole different story). So the week my mom was here she was unpacking, cleaning, organizing my house. It was hard for me not to help, but she insisted. I think I would still be unpacking now (two months later) if it had been left up to me. I love you mom. Thanks for all you do.

Oh, and this is cute little Liam getting ready to go to the Dr. for his first weigh in =)
No comments:
Post a Comment