This little boy is a dream come true. Literally.
Years ago in a far away land, I mean when I was around 14 or 15 I had a dream, a dream that I still remember vividly today. I won't share all the details of the dream (mainly because they aren't important) but the main part of the dream is that I had a baby. I was in the hospital with a few members of my family, and my husband. (Of course I didn't know who my husband was at that time... wouldn't that of been nice =)). I was in labor, then all the sudden I had a baby. I remember holding a little boy with dark hair. I don't remember much about what he looked like, but I do remember the feelings I had. I felt overwhelming joy in this dream. I was so so so so incredibly happy. When I woke up I still felt so happy, and remember being surprised that the feelings of my dream were so real and had carried through to my waking moments. This dream had such an impression on me back then, and still today, I can still remember how happy I was to hold my little boy with dark hair.

My dream came true. Those overwhelming feelings of happiness and peace, well I felt those again that morning in the hospital when Liam was born, and every day since. I love him so much. I love looking at him, talking to him, cuddling with him. He came here to us directly from our Heavenly Father, he is so innocent and pure. He has a lot to teach me, I can tell all ready. I'm not saying every hour of every day is pure bliss and so easy. It's hard when I'm so tired and don't want to get up to feed him, when there is the back part of my brain that just wishes he would sleep and not be hungry. It's not easy when I need to get things done and it is impossible because he demands my attention for "no apparent reason". I would be lying if I didn't say that sometimes at the end of the day when Sean gets home from work I just need a "break" from him and hand him off to Sean so I can have a few minutes to myself, doing whatever. It's not always easy being his mom, but you know what I love him more than words can tell, and he makes me so happy. He makes me so happy, just like in my dream.
He is my dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment