The Good
I got to hold Neil for 4 hours today (thanks in part to him being sedated grrrr... that's a whole other story). He likes to turn his face into my arm/chest. He slept like that almost the entire time I was holding him. I like to believe he can smell me and knows I'm his mom. I like to believe that he needs and benefits from my smell, warmth, and touch as much as I do from his.
I would have held him all day if my physically discomfort and the nurses need to "do stuff" to him didn't take him out of my arms back into his lonely hospital bed.
He is so sweet.
The Bad
He still isn't improving on the Pneumonia front. I know I need to be patient. He got a blood transfusion (his 6th) last night and at least his color looks better today =)
The Ugly
Neil has a PDA (Patent ductus arteriosus). This is not new news. We have been monitoring it, last week we tried drugs to minimise it that did not work. A repeat Echo Cardiogram this morning showed it is getting even worse. This means we are looking at a heart surgery in the near future. Not emergent as in needs to be done tomorrow, but within the next week or so. I imagine it will highley depend on Neil getting over this Pneumonia first then Surgery. As far as heart surgeries go this will be relatively minor, but honestly any surgery for Neil is a big deal for his frail body.
Within the next few days we will know more.
The Beautiful
Neils eyes. I cherish his awake time. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as beautiful as his big eyes looking at me. My poor baby has been sedated on and off so much I don't feel like I get to see those big dark eyes often. Some how me gazing into his eyes, and he into mine reminds me it is all worth it. Reminds me that he is just my innocent baby boy.
2 comments:
Aww, you have a pretty good outlook. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. LOVE YOU!!!
I just saw your blog. hope things are on the up swing. if you need a friendly face while in Seattle give Sara a call! Her and Matt have been there since June.
Post a Comment