
4th of July weekend Sean and I went backpacking in the Seven Devils with Evan, MJ, and Cailin. It was so beautiful and great weather. Oh and did I mention that Sean and I got a new car?????!!!!! I should correct myself, it is not "our" car, it is "my" car.... or so Sean says =) He says the 1991 Toyota is his, and the Subaru is mine. He is funny. But non the less I love it!!! It is Pearl white with black interior. It has power windows, doors, seats, everything. Heated seats, dual climate control, cd player, all wheel drive, and much more! I can actually pass people on the highway because of its power.. .it is and awesome car and I love it!

Now back to our backpacking trip....it was lots of fun. It was Evan and Cailin's first time and they did great (of course). Cailin used my old backpack, which fit her well.

This is Cannon creek, coming out of Cannon Lake, we camped there our second night.

This is hiking out of Canon lake on our last day. It wasn't a bad hike out, except for the last mile.. the last mile is all up hill! It's a killer, but when you get to the top you sure feel like you have accomplished something=)


We camped on the far end of Cannon Lake, this was our view. Not bad ehh?!

I love this picture. I think it shows every ones personality well. Sean=goofball, Cailin=proper and compliant, MJ=calm and always smiling, Evan= annoyed that I am taking a picture of him. I love these guys!

I thought this picture was funny. (I wasn't trying to get Cailin's bottom, sorry Cailin) They are cleaning the ground in order to set up the tent... Sean is even sweeping the dirt with a tree branch. Hey comfort is important right?!


Eating lunch with a gorgeous view. Cailin and Sean shared sardines... not me!!! I stuck with the tuna and crackers!

It rained on us briefly. Sean and Evan were too manly to use their ponchos, but us girls whipped those ponchos right out and hiked in them for quite a while =)

There were sooooo many wildflowers. Probably more than i've seen up there ever. My mom would of loved all the colors and variates.... this is the only picture I posted of them... but just imagine all sorts and colors of wildflowers... we live in a beautiful world.

Us, man I love backpacking, I wish I could get paid to do it again... If only time and money allowed for us to go more.


Ok, so this picture doesn't do it justice... but see those peaks up there? Sean and I climbed over the top of them, up to Hanson Lakes. There is no trail so we bushwhacked... it was a lot steeper and harder than it looks.

Our camp spot the first night, Cailins and our tent.

We had Bean burritos the first night, I can't remember if it was Cailin or Evan who came up with the great idea of toasting the tortilla over the fire. But it was a good idea! It improved the quality of the burrito quite a bit!

Evmo and Mj sporting their fancy Mountain House Dinners!

This is sean fishing at Hanson Lake... look at the reflection in the water!

Another view of the peaks we climbed over to get to Hanson Lake.

Ah,,, Cailin and MJ resting right after we arrived to our destination the first night. Our feet were tired!

Hiking down the trail. There were quite a few down trees across the trail because the trail crew hadn't been through yet... it was kind of funny watching cailin try to get over the trees, you see she has short legs, which makes it hard to get over the trees. Love ya Cailin =)

Evan said, "heck with trying to cross on slippery logs, i'm going though with my gortex boots!"

Cailin also said heck with trying to cross on the slippery logs, i'm taking off my shoes and wading across!

All in all it was a fun trip. Great weather, great scenery, great company... I want to go again!
1 comment:
Awww... Those are some really funny pictures. You all look like you had such a great time!! I am jealous. We do not go backpacking hardly ever and we really should because we both enjoy it. I am glad that you and Sean were able to go lots this summer. :)
Post a Comment