Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fishing

I love to fish. There are lots of things I love about it, mostly it can't be put into words. There is something so fulfilling and uplifting about it, it makes my soul come alive.

So, Sean has been gone all week for a Chemical Engineering competition in New Mexico. (which by the way they got FIRST Place! They Worked hard for that). Tess was gone overnight on a school field trip learning about plants, so Andrew and I hung out. Last night we made dinner together, watched Geronimo, went to walmart (to buy a fishing license, and winco and made treats. Then this morning we got up early and headed out of town to Spring Valley. I was so excited that from 5:30-6:30am I kept waking up seeing if it was time to go yet, just like a kid at Christmas. Anyways we get out there and to our surprise it was still frozen over! I've been there this time of year before with no problem. Undeterred we found a small section by the outlet that was not covered in ice and fished it( with no success). We more just polished up on our skills. This was Andrew's first time fly fishing, and he's hooked! Once we were frozen we drove around a bit more then headed home. It was so good to get out there. Even though it wasn't a "successful" fishing trip, it was and extremely successful fishing trip from my point of view. Gotta love it.

No comments: