Monday, January 11, 2010

PA

Well, Sean and I misplaced our camera. But no fear, we'll find it the day we get motivated enough to do a deep clean of our apartment. So for now, I thought I'd document a little more of our trip to the Olympic Peninsula over Thanksgiving break.

We all met up in Olympia first. We got to take our family around to some of our favorite places from the summer we spent there when Sean was interning with Brown and Caldwell. We hiked a little bit through Watershed Park. Sean could tell you a lot more about it than I can, but it is in the middle of Olympia... but non the less it is a rain forest! Pretty cool. After work sometimes Sean and I used to drive around exploring. This was a park we happened on one time. Of course we weren't always so adventurous. Sometimes we would feel really lazy and go to the park a few blocks from our apartment where we could "use" free Internet. We were on a "Lost" kick that summer. It was a good summer though, we miss it. We have both said that if ever given the opportunity to move back there we would jump on it!

We also gave ourselves a tour of the Washington State Capitol. Elaborate!
Sean, Jake and I got to spend some time with Sean's Aunt Mick, and Jim that night. She is a wonderful person, and it was really good to see her. I really felt at home in her house... not a feeling I was necessarily expecting to feel to be quite honest. But a very warm one.


On a rare sunny day after Thanksgiving we drove up the coast from Port Angeles and hiked a short but beautiful trail to Cape Flattery. In this picture we are standing on the North Western most point in the Continental United States! Pretty cool. On that Island out there there is a Light house... looks like a very solitary life. I guess now days we do have modern conveniences like Internet,tv, and phones... but what would it be like to live out there 100 years ago?!



I love this picture! I caught the sun just right.



My awesome Brother


It was great to spend time with family, and enjoy the great outdoors. Tess and Andrew moved down to Boise after graduation in December.... so we don't get to see the much anymore. Sometime you don't realize how nice it is to have family around until they aren't so close anymore.





2 comments:

Melinda said...

I love that picture, too! That is so awesome. I don't think I would have liked to have lived out there 100 years ago. It probably would have been very lonely. Then again, with ships coming in all the time and the cargo so important to sustain life, you'd have a really good sense of necessity and importance in making life happen for people. So it probably would have been great!

Andrew & Tess said...

where is a picture of your awesome sister?