
This is a Hot springs we discovered outside New Meadows!

This is the trail.... uh I mean a stream...
It was so foggy and misty my Dad kept saying it was like we were in the Hoh Rain Forest.
None the less it was Beautiful!
Eating Lunch, we tried salmon that came in a pouch like tuna does... with crackers and cheese, it was pretty good.
Dad was hesitant to bring his rain pants and coat.... "I've never brought both", he said. Lets just say he was not disappointed about his decision! He was smart enough to even bring gloves.

Hiking out.

It started raining constantly (it had rained off and on during the day) when we were getting into the tent to go to bed. It then rained non stop until 11-11:30ish the next morning. We slept in, ate breakfast, played cards and just hung out IN THE TENT that morning until it stopped. Crazy!

Luckily we had pack covers/ trash sacks to keep our packs dry over night.
FIRE
Again my Dad sporting the rain gear he was glad he brought.


Getting ready to go, i know this picture is out of order, but I haven't really figured out how to move them around the page, and don't want to take the time. =)
All in all, our backpacking trip wasn't exactly what we had planned on, but it was great. I'm so glad we got to go. It's all part of the experience right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and while I was hiking I was thinking about how long it had been since my brother Jake had been backpacking. He is always on some kind of adventure, going to some exotic place or working across the country....which is all great but there is nothing quite like strapping the minimum on your back, pushing yourself physically, and being high up in the beautiful mountains away from everyone and everything. To me there is something very rejuvenating about this, something I have yet to find anywhere else. I called my brother up on my drive home and told him that next time he comes home to Idaho, we are going backpacking together. He agreed!!!!!!!! I'm way excited, I love Jake so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment